6.12.2009

exercise as a lifestyle

Well, I haven't posted in two days. I did a 2.6 mile walk and then today a 1.5 which I pushed and got through with in 30 minutes....calories have been good. 1720 and 1776 respectively. Tommorrow is my indulge day, can't wait. I will still take my walk though. I can't say I have had any thoughts one way or the other about losing weight other than to remind myself this is a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong process. I know from past experience, to do anything else is to invite disaster. On the home front, my husband and I are trying to start a garden. This coming week we are going to buy some compost and tomato plants and see if this whole gardening thing works out. I took my daughters on post to look at clothes today. I was trying to find a bathing suit for my youngest but couldn't find any decent one piece bathing suits. I will try walmart over the weekend. Tim and I watched two very good movies this week, the first was 'Taken' with liam neeson (my choice) and Tim's was 'Grand torino'. They were both really good movies although I have to say, Tim's was more touching. I would highly recomment both though. I plan on taking the kids bowling on Sunday, my non exercise day. I will still be moving, just not 'officially'. Hopefully, someday I will like exercising so much it's just incorporated into my life. Right now, it's like a segment out of time. Well, I am very tired and heading to bed. Hope everyone out there is doing fine!
hugs,
chris

Reason number 7: my poor feet can't take anymore.

3 comments:

Fatty Cake Heather said...

First, I love your Blog intro!

Second, You asked how I track my calories. I used an online tracker (which I now only use to look stuff up) by www.sparkpeople.com called www.babyfit.com (for pregnant and nursing moms). This is the link to the tracker I used, but I don't know if it'll work for you (since it's in my profile).
http://babyfit.sparkpeople.com/nutrition_search_all.asp?sid=%24s%3FNr%21%2C%26M%3Bac%2FgjtFnr%5C%29Vp%3DrqU%40Rm&iMTGoalNum=13266535&dteDateShowing=5/29/2009&bGetElementByID=
There are several online ones that you can choose from. If I can't find it in mine (usually a restaraunt one) I just do a search for it.

Great job on your walk. That's great time. I like your Reason #7...me too!

Amber said...

You are doing so awsome! I think it's great how you have managed to keep walking come rain or hail :)
It's a long process as you said but your already a month ahead of the game! way to go!
Now, help kick my butt in gear:)
amber

Patty said...

I saw your comment on Chunky Monkey Mama's post, and followed you back here! :-)

Sounds like you ready get this weight loss thing. I just recently accepted that, even though I don't have a lot to lose, it is still a long process, and that is the only way it is going to be permanent.

Good look with the garden. We have been gardening for 7 years now, and feel like we are finally starting to get the hang of it! :-)