7.26.2009

Day of rest=balance

Hey all
Well, Sunday is my DOR...no, I'm not dead on arrival, it's my day of rest. It's mandatory. If I don't schedule in one day of rest,I will convince myself that I 'should' be walking. Not good. I work out six days a week, rest on the seventh. I also got to church finally. It's been a good month, which hasn't been good for my soul or my mouth. ( my mouth was formed in my tender youth, when I was a truck driver in the army) I love this pastor because he really breaks the bible down line by line and I always learn a little latin. Todays sermon was on Jude which is always a humdinger. He can do a whole sermon on a proverb and have you squirmin in your seat like a good baptist should...lol. I have to remember to balance my life. It also helps me realize that all this weight didn't go on overnight, it isn't going to come off overnight. I know, I know, I know, Iknowiknow....but don't we secretly wish it would? I am learning life lessons blah blah blah. Still want it gone tommorrow but will settle for a year or so. So, as Carlos says..tomorrow I am Back on The Krab. I kept my calories where they should be, by the way...no reason to blow it out of the water...give my mouth a rest from chewing as well..kept it to 1600 calories.

So, inspiration sunday... I have been wanting to do this one for a while. I am a supporter of israel, nobody hurl anything. But, watching the Iranians for the last little bit has really made me appreciate America and the freedoms we have all the more. My husband has been in some bad places while he served in the army. I will never forget the stories he brought back from bosnia and kosovo, where they lined school children up against walls and shot them...or the video tapes that showed the murder of innocent woman and children in Srebrenica. So many people don't have the freedoms we have here, they don't have the right to protest, the right to disagree, the right to amass wealth through diligence and hard work. They don't have the ability to direct their lives, and they are worried on a day to day basis what they will eat, not what they won't. When they take to the streets, their biggest fear isn't missing a day of work or getting a blister, their biggest fear is being shot dead in the street, or dragged out of their house by secret police to a secret prison. Coming home to find their loved ones missing or their children murdered. That's why my inspiration for this sunday is the Iranian people. This is real courage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5runbYOfwfc
We can't turn a blind eye, we can't blame God...that is why we were created, We are God's hands. If sit by and do nothing, say nothing...acknowledge nothing, what does that say about us?

And finally, a fitting quote:
Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.
Thomas Jefferson
Hope everyone is op and ready to face your week.
Hugs,
Chris

4 comments:

Hanlie said...

Balance is ultimately everything! We will never change anything in our lives if we do not work towards balance.

Patty said...

I constantly wonder why I am so blessed to have been born in this place at this time, where I have so much freedom and peace in my life, Chris. Thanks for reminding me that it just isn't so for so many others.

Cole Walter Mellon said...

What Patty said...

Amy said...

I agree with all of the above.
We do need to stop and be grateful for what we have and the relative safety we live in and take for granted.
Balance, gratitude, patience and harmony.

http://hecate-metamorphosis.blogspot.com