10.04.2009

must..stay..away...from...scale....

Hello,
It is getting harder and harder to stay away from the scale. It's calling me...
Chrissssss...Chrrrriiiiiiiiiiissssssssssss......CHRIS!!!!

I 'feel' like I am losing weight, but without the magical pound device.....I just don't know. Strangely enough, it's almost having the same effect as weighing daily. This is nuts. I know there are sooome who weigh 'once a week'. (what a nutty little idea )
I don't think it matters though. I am crazy.
I could weigh once a week, once a month or once a year. It's obvious I am going to obsess one way or another. Maybe I am just afraid that I might go off track. You know, like your supposed to be headed to florida and you end up in Alaska. What if I am sleep eating (I don't really believe that)
I am not sleep eating. I am not overeating. I am eating my regular calories and exercising and I am probably three to five pounds lighter than when I had this insane idea to not weigh myself for a month. October 18th can't come fast enough.
I just found this new blog which is really awesome...
It's Joania's blog and you can find it on my blog roll to the right. She just ran a 5 k. I am impressed cause she is in her 190's. It's really given me alot of inspiration to try things that I think I'm too 'big' for. (as if I am king kong or something)...
Watch out, fat lady running....hide the children.
anyway....stream of consciousness....not so good. I had a really nice walk today. Three miles. It got a little chilly at the end it must have dropped 30 degrees in twenty minutes. I was wearing a t shirt. As much as I do like the out of doors, I may have to give it up for a few months and head to the gym. Just think, weird gym guy six days a week and that strange smell that's part sweat, part hot rubber.
I already have dreams that involve bad flourescent ambient lighting.
Speaking of strange gym phenomena. I am on Christian (my precor is named after Christian bale, hey if carlos has a lucy....I can have Christian...this will be the only time I'm ever on him)....so, I am on Christian and there is this guy who is three rows up on his recumbant bike. Dude is sweating so hard I thought his water bottle was leaking. Nope, it's coming off his arms and leaving PUDDLES. Worst part of this story, yep, you guessed it...he DIDN'T WIPE HIS SWEAT UP WHEN HE LEFT.
Gross out in 3...2...1....
That was nasty.
I will never drop anything in the gym without washing it ever again.
Hope all is well with you guys...
hugs,
chris

4 comments:

M said...

I hate when people dont clean up after themselves at the gym! Its gross and its flu season now too! UGH!

Zombieland is the best movie Ive seen in awhile. A lot of parents brought their kids and I think everyone had a great time and really enjoyed the movie. Theres some cursing and the zombies can get gross but youre so into the characters and the humor that it doesnt end up grossing you out. At 2 parts I was laughing so hard I thought I was gonna cry. I hope you go, this isnt one to wait to come to DVD!

Anonymous said...

that is so flipping gross I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Jenn said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

And yeah, that's nasty. I hate that... they have towels at the gym for a reason!

~Jenn (Ex Hot Girl)

Unknown said...

Ew...

And thanks for recommending Baucham to me. As soon as this four exam week is over I will be sure to check out the lectures :)

Glad you like my blog, I will be following yours in the future as well!