8.06.2010

HDC Day 13- I got a haircut.

Hey all,
Well, today was back to the gym..
It was an awesome day at the gym.
I did my sit ups which included some lower abdominal ones that a friend recommended.
(Thanks Mary)
And I did my hour on the elliptical.
I did my upper body weights...
I would say I burned at least 650 cals.
My calories for the day came in at 1520...
an oops with some buttered crackers.
oops.
lol.
I love me some butter crackers (as helen has noticed)
These have taken the place of my popcorn.
Because I can stop eating crackers.
Not popcorn.
The rest was 'the usual'.
yogurt, a burrito with latortilla tortilla and low fat cheese and beef.
And a sweet potato with walnuts and butter..and of course the crackers and butter.
And my coffee...I blame it all on the crackers.

So.... I got a hair cut and I don't have a picture of my haircut, yet
hOld on.....
okay, so I am here typing my blog and my sophie is yiddering at me about this boy she 'has a crush on'...and she told her 'bff' who told LYDIA WHO TOLD DANNY...
That she liked him..how will she face him..(hands waving in the air)
So while I am digesting all this drama..
Sophie says "it's like rumors, only without the room'.
I will stop laughing later.

anywhoozle.

Back to the haircut.
I decide to get a real one...(not the one I usually get at kiddie cutters cause I'm there.)
I go the veda salon.
very nice.
It's a little expensive but they always do a good job, that and they wash your hair then give you a scalp massage before cutting your hair.
They also ask you if you would like some coffee or tea or some lemon water...
I say coffee and while I am standing right there she MAKES ME MY COFFEE.
I mean, pours it, and gets the stuff and stirs it...hands it to me and takes me to my chair and PUTS MY FEET ON A STOOL While I am sitting waiting to get my hair washed.

Also you tell them what you want them to do with your hair and they listen.
It isn't the usual "well, I thought I would have some layers here' and then they cut two inches off and call it a day..
They really want to know.
But I am a big listener.
I have no idea what would suit me.
So I say
I have no idea really.
But I do want my hair to have some height and I do want it to come forward and frame my face and I don't want bulk at the bottom.
(so regardless of what I say, I do know what I want ;o) lol)
So she says
OKAY PERFECT
and then she starts whacking away.
I don't mean little snips here and there.
I mean big whacking gobs of hair.
I was getting a little concerned.
So once edward scissorhands is done eliminating great swaths of hair..
She says
We will blow dry and then 'clean it up and texturize'.
She blows it out and I have my reservations.
It looks a bit like a glorified mullet.
Then she takes the scissors that thin your hair and once again..
Big gobs of hair.

I have a lot of hair.

All the sudden it goes from glorified mullet to 'hairstyle'.
It's a hair STYLE.
not a haircut.
Her name is courtney and I will be going back.
It looked so good that when I told my husband it cost 60 bucks he saiid
"A good haircut is worth it'.
This from the man who couldn't believe a loaf of bread costs 2.80 cents.

I like it..my husband and I and this haircut and perhaps the red dress will be going out to dinner on Wednesday to Carrabas...
So I will have my oldest take a p
I think I will have a little vote.
I have two outfits....
So I will take pics and you all can tell me which is the best one.
Deal?

Hope you all had a great day!
Big hugs,
chris

10 comments:

MargieAnne said...

You've come a long way Baby.

Sorry I hope that doesn't sound offensive to you but it's so true. Somewhere you posted an ordinay photo of you that was so unflattering and not at all girlie and now you have your hair styled. Can't wait to see the new look.

The red dress looks pretty good too but I prefer V necks on you. Think about it next time you're shopping. They don't have to be split to your navel.

Rebecka said...

You look fabulous! The hairstyle will serve as a great frame for your awesome cheekbones.
Can't wait to see a photo.

Unknown said...

You spent that much time talking about your hair cut and NO PICTURE!!!! AAAAHHHHHH lol :) Maybe you can post one on FB for us?? :) Glad you treated yourself to a real hair cut- you deserve a little pampering!! :)

Hope you have a GREAT weekend!

Thanks for the cheers on my pool stats- I know my calorie burn is small change compared to you or other fellow bloggers but I do what I can- ya know? :)

Morgan said...

I can't wait to see a picture!

Robin said...

That is so awesome. You have discovered what we in the sales biz call price versus cost. I know that most people think that they are the same thing. They are not. The price is how much you pay for something and cost is how much it ends up costing in the end. A better product might have a higher pricetag but it costs less because of its value (ie it lasts longer, makes something else work better, makes the whole run better b/c of its contribution, etc.). So, whenever you pay more for a higher quality product that you know is worth it, use the price vs cost argument. It is valid.

Ice Queen said...

Mmmm... Buttered crackers. Now, I am just the opposite. I can stop eating popcorn when I need to but butter and crackers? Not until the whole sleeve of crackers and a cube of butter are history. lol And may I just say how delighted I was when I read your food lists and saw buttered crackers. I thought I was the only one who liked that particular combination.

Ever tried french fries dipped in chocolate milkshake? :D

I can't wait to see the pictures of your new 'do. I'll bet it looks fabulous. I am glad that you had such a great salon experience. It can be a bit of a crap shoot. Especially if you get a hard nosed "artiste" stylist who refuses to listen to you and decides to do what they think you should have on your head. Yikes! I have read lovely things about Aveda salons and will most likely go to one when it is time to get my hair blondeified and trimmed, one day.

SeattleRunnerGirl said...

Aaack, I can't WAIT to see a photo...or photos...you and your new haircut and the dresses! You are doing so awesome Chris. And your hubs is right - a good haircut IS worth it! lol

Ali said...

Buttered crackers are the bee's knees! YUM.

The hair salon sounds awesome. I'm so going there some day. So what if it is 7+ hours away?

Can't wait to see a pic!

Fiona said...

A great haircut is such a fantastic feeling!!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a great day.

I am usually not one to prefer short hair on women, but I think your haircut looks great!