7.19.2011

Let's see what I can do...

Hey all,
Howsitgoing? lol.
I had a good day today..
I did the gym...lower body weights for the first time...FOR THE FIRST TIME.
That's right I said it.
I know people talk and talk about how weights don't bulk you up.
Well, I build muscle really easy...
I was afraid I would bulk up my lower half...which is where I carry most of my weight...my calves have been my nemesis since I was old enough to notice.
I've got big calves.
You know what I discovered today, much to my surprise...
My lower body is amazingly weak.
I can only do 40 pounds on the whole body leg press..
30 on the calf press...
Maybe my legs are fat because they contain...gasp....fat!
lol.
also...I only have 120 calories left of a 1600 calorie cap today...and I am probably going to be hungry before bed...so I am employing 'tricks'...
like eating celery and salsa.
I realize that I need a goal image as much now as I did before.
Before I only had an idea that I wanted to be 'thin'...which I got to when I squeezed my rear into a size 10....Size 8 was better...but I think I need something to go for...So, I will be looking around for a picture to stick on the fridge and different places to keep me motivated.
At a lower weight 200 calories can mean the difference between a loss and stasis...or even a gain. Every bite matters..
So, Let's see what I can do...
calories burned 450...2 miles walking, 2 miles precor and lower body weights....
Chris out.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these eye opening moments!

Great job on the workout!

E. Jane said...

I understand what you mean when you say that before you only had an "idea" of being thin. Now that you're where you're at, your vision is much better defined, and you're having lightbulb moments! I've been where you're at. Keep reaching for what you want, and you will continue to move forward. That's important!

Jodie said...

Cool to see your workout updates again! I missed them!

Jodie
(biggerthanababyelephant.blogspot.com)

downsizers said...

It's easy to get complacent as close as you are to your final goal weight but your final goal weight IS the reason for all this. You want to finish what you started and know how it feels to be at goal. I think you will do it out of the "I'll show you" perspective. Looking forward to reading about your achievement of this last leg of the race.

Michelle said...

We share a nemesis. My calves are (and always have been) big. They are the part of my body that are shrinking slower than any other part of me. Will always remember my Granny telling me that I was like her "legs like tree trunks", thank's Granny! :o) I've kind of given up hope of having small calves and decided to focus on having them toned instead. If they are gonna be big they may as well be tight big rather than wobbly big!

outdoor.mom said...

hey there!! just reading up a little - been out of the loop for a while. Looks like you are doing good (as usual ;-) ) Hope you are enjoying this lovely July!!

Anne H said...

I burned some calories just by reading your post!
Good job!

Retta said...

I love how you are always willing and ready to adjust, try new things, tweak it, change it up. Good job. :-)

Robin said...

This is a question, not an answer... even though I am phrasing it as a statement. I always heard that it was better to lift less weight with more repetition if you don't want to bulk up your muscles. Way back when I was going to the gym, I tended to lift less weight and did more reps. Like you, I didn't want to look bigger. I wanted to be toned. Anyway, just throwing that out there. You can find out what is right for you!

Putz said...

my calfves look ok, they are in the back grasing on some grass<>